Goals & Objectives
Organisation’s Goal and Objectives
The general goal of Yayasan Dian Desa is to assist low-income communities in improving their living standards through the utilization of appropriate technology and participatory & self-help processes.
The main objectives of YDD are:
- Develop, test and disseminate the appropriate technology relevant to the need of target communities in the context of improving their living standard and their self reliance.
- Improve traditional technology which is already practiced by target communities, so as to raise its effectiveness in responding to present problems.
- Empower target communities through the provision of technical assistance and supplementary support.
- Act as a go-between for target communities and the Government and/or international development organizations.
- Provide training to other NGOs or young generations interested in development in general or appropriate technology in particular.
- Provide services especially in the context of community development and appropriate technology. Among others, these services include technical assistance, study & analysis, planning, pilot action development, etc.
- Develop an interactive and cooperative network with other development stakeholders (public sector, private sector, NGO community, University community and International Development organisations) dealing with similar issues.